If you are being bullied here are some top tips for dealing with it.
- Don’t be alone
- Stay with friends
- Stay near an adult or teacher
- Plan your way to school
- Look at them in the eye and…
- shake your head…
- walk away
- Shout or say ‘no’ loudly, or ‘leave me alone’.
- Say something positive in your head like “I know I’m okay”
- Turn what they say into a positive e.g. “You may not like my shoes/ hair/ but I do”
- Imagine you have an invisible force field – imagine the words bouncing off your invisible force field that is protecting you
- Imagine the words turning around in the air or disappearing
- Pretend you can’t hear and they will feel very silly. You could say things like “sorry, what did you say?” or “It’s very noisy here”
- Practice some replies
- If that doesn’t work don’t say anything else and walk away
Remember: The best way to protect yourself from being bullied is to tell someone so that you can get some help.